Ragging is a wicked crime and a criminal offence as declared by the Supreme Court of India. We have an anti – ragging cell which comprises of the Principal and other staff members. The students are sensitized on the ill effects of ragging and the legal proceedings in curbing the practice.
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the supervisory and advisory committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus.
The main objectives of this cell are as follows:
• To aware the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
• To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
• Promptly and stringently deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice.
• To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished.
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
1. Debarring from appearing in any test / University Examination
2. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
3. Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
4. Suspension from the college
5. Cancellation of the admission
6. Withholding the results.
Anti-Ragging Cell should be one of the important part of Educational Institution’s mechanism. As per the guidelines of UGC under the Act of 1956, which is modified as UGC regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in higher Educational Institutions, 2009, establishment of Anti-Ragging Cell is very compulsory.
In compliance of the directives of the Joint Director of Education –Tamil Nadu, the Institution has formed the following Anti-Ragging Committee on 02.07.2015 for overseeing the implementation of the provisions of the verdict with immediate effect.
Dr.S.M.Abdul Kader, Principal – Chairperson
Dr. A.H. Mohideen Badshah - Convener & Deputy Warden (Gent’s Hostel)
Ms. A. Rasheetha Begum - Member
Dr. M. Mohamed Roshan – Member
Dr. J. Ubaiyathulla - Member
Dr. M.N. Mohamed Abusali Sheik - Member
Dr. K. Hema - Deputy Warden (Ladies Hostel)
Dr. S. Mohamed Ramlath Sabura - Deputy Warden (Ladies Hostel)
An Anti-Ragging Squad has been formed to make surprise visits in both College and hostels. A formal circular is used to send to each class indicating the toll-free phone number and the stringent measures that would be taken against ragging. Frequent warnings are given to all students on behalf of the Committee. Phone numbers of the Coordinator of the Anti-Ragging Committee and the toll free number are displayed on the notice boards of the college and the hostels. Close vigilance and monitoring is done within the campus with the help of CCTV cameras located at different strategic points.
Every year we have,
i) Anti ragging Awareness Flex board fixed in the college campus and in both in boys and girls hostels.
ii) Periodic announcement given through the public address system
iii) Displaying the Anti ragging PPT/ New clippings in digital board.